Tuesday 5 January 2010

And so it starts ...

As someone who writes for a living - in my capacity as a journalist for a local newspaper - I have toyed with the idea of setting up a blog many times. In fact, a few years ago I even contributed to one as my colleagues and I attempted to lose a few lbs after Christmas and we thought writing about our lapses into chocolate binges would help keep us away from the inevitable munchies.
Now, a few Christmases later - and probably only a few lbs lighter - I have finally bitten the bullet and decided to write a blog of my own. And it comes off the back of a more life-changing topic than losing weight.

Last year, in April 2009, I was referred to see a neurologist after I suffered from chronic headaches and collapsed a few times with little explanation. As an otherwise healthy 26 year old, I honestly thought my problems were down to stress at work and little else.
So, I was completely floored when he mentioned the possibility that I may in fact be suffering from Multiple Sclerosis.

A bigger blow he could not have thrown at me.

I’m hoping this blog gives me an outlet to vent my exasperations and rejoice in the good as I try and live my life in as positive a manner as possible - this is my account of a life coping with MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment