Monday 20 September 2010

8 weeks and counting ...

The birth of the baby is fast approaching - just 8 weeks to go!! - so we have brought the pram home (I swear it needs two months to get used to all the buttons and gadgets!) and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of our nursery furniture.

I cannot wait to get all the little white and 'neutral' clothes washed, ironed and hung up in the cute wardrobe we've ordered. But before all of that I really need to think about getting my 'bag' packed. My mum is convinced I'll never go to full-term (I'm not THAT big, honest) - but it's better to be safe rather than sorry, especially as I could never trust J, as brilliant as he is, to pack all the right stuff under pressure! I can just see myself mid-contraction screaming, 'No, not that pair, I need my fancy slippers!'

Aside from all the excitement this baby-growing lark is hard work. I've been getting really tired lately, which everyone warned me would hit around this time, and I find myself wanting to sleep in the middle of the day. But it's also a time when the baby's movements are really pronounced - I get kicks all day and find little body parts digging up under my ribs at night - which is the most unbelievable (and sometimes uncomfortable!!) feeling in the world.

Overall though I've enjoyed being pregnant. It's such a miracle, to grow another human being - the magnitude of which I have never fully appreciated before now. To think a little person, half me and half J, is almost here is an overwhelming thought. And I am sure it will be a life changing experience like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment